Industry Specific Staffing (ISS) has immediate opportunities for Full-Time and Part-Time Substitute Teachers in Wayne County (Redford Union, Oak Park, and Harper Woods).
Position Summary: The Substitute Teacher services our client schools by providing instruction, encouraging the students and managing the learning environment in a positive manner. The Substitute Teacher is expected to travel to schools in a timely manner, carry out the instructions of the absent teacher, and foster a positive classroom environment in order to maximize instructional time. All teachers are expected to be prompt, reliable, and conduct themselves professionally at all times. All substitute teachers are independent contractors and are on an “at will” basis.
- K-12 positions available
- Work 5 days a week or select a flexible schedule
- Long-term and short-term assignment opportunities are available
- Public, Private and Charter Schools in Genesee County
- Daily Substitutes – $104.00 – $125.00 /Per day
- Long-Term Substitutes – $125.00 – $160.00 /Per day
- Paid Weekly
Essential Job Functions:
- Report to the office on time and check out at end of the day.
- Instruct assigned classes in a professional manner conducive to learning and by executing the lesson plans provided by the primary teacher.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of the day
- Plan, supervise and provide guidance for student(s), teacher aid(s) and volunteer(s)
- Assist students with any help they may need with their work
- Ensure the classroom is in the same or better condition than it was upon arrival.
- Assist in other areas during prep periods or breaks, as requested.